Sunday, December 18, 2005

Yay me! My first post :o)

I hope to join the ranks of all those awesome food bloggers who(m?) I read daily. I'm DoughGirl, so named for my all consuming love of baking! My dream is to be an artisan bread maker someday. But right now I just like to bake all things sweet: pies, cakes, cookies, pastries, muffins, scones...you name it, I like to bake it!



I set out to make my first food blog recipe, this yummy looking Yugoslovian cookie I found over at

Cooking with The Headhunter. The bottom of the cookie is a buttery, crumbly shortbread and the top is a mixture of walnuts, cinnamon and cloves. They were wonderful! My mother took some over to the hospital (she's is a nurse) and they were a huge hit in the breakroom. I'm already thinking of ways to tweak the recipe....maybe adding some dried cranberries and orange zest to the topping and cutting back on the cloves a little...or even ditching the spices all together and adding a layer of chocolate between the shortbread layer and the walnut layer. I am so glad I found this recipe and I will definitely be adding it to my recipe box!


2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah (the headhunter) said...

They look fantastic! I'm so glad that you and your mother enjoyed them so much. We've been in love with it in our family for as long as I can remember.

And welcome to the web food world. =)

8:58 AM  
Blogger the baker said...

wow! yes i have to agree with sarah. your cookies look fab. yum yum... i'm can still remember how they taste like. man i had better bake some soon cos i'm so craving for it after looking at your yummy photos! :)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home