Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Honey Raisin Scones



Oopsies.....Guess I kind of went MIA, huh? January is such a busy month....it flew by so fast. I've been making mostly white bread and sweet rolls this past month...not much to really write about. But I was blog surfing today and came across a delicious sounding recipe from a great site The Canadian Baker. She posted her entry for the Sugar Low Friday and it sounded so wonderful I just had to try it! The Honey Raisin Scones came out so well and I am so pleased I tried it. They came out wonderfully soft and with just the right amount of sweetness. I kind of killed the low sugar thing by adding some coarse sugar on top but I always like to add that on top of my sweet scones. I did also leave out the orange zest and add 2 tbsp. vanilla yogurt and a little vanilla extract, I think it added a wonderful flavor.

I think my next baking project will be a pie of some sort...I have a wonderful recipe for a butterscotch pie that is sounding better and better the more I think about it. I'll leave you with a pic of my sweet sleepy border collie:


Today is National Women's Heart Health Day...be kind to your heart and eat healthy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Canadian Baker said...

I'm glad you liked the scones! Great pics. I'm looking forward to see what you make next!

7:23 PM  
Blogger farmgirl said...

Those scones look really, really good. Wonderful photos. So different from the various ones I usually make. As I'm a confessed Sconehead, I think I must try this recipe!

P.S. I linked here from the nice comment you left on my blog, Farmgirl Fare. : )

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home